Tequila Tapatio Blanco 110
|Hello, Tequila Tapatio! Hello Blanco 110 Proof!|
After 75 years of distilling in Arandas and sales across Mexico, the venerable Tapatio Tequila has arrived in the US.
YES - it's the same Tequila Tapatio you met & loved in Mexico!
But with a twist - the newest Tequila Tapatio to come from Carlos is B110.
B110 Stands for Blanco at 110 Proof - more flavors, less water!
We just received the first order and it's really been fun spreading the word. Here's a high proof Tequila with finesse.
Carlos Camarena and his family carry on 75 years of the Tequila Tapatio brand. What would Don Felipe say to his Tequila at 110 Proof? Well - we think he'd say party on...in his own way!
- 100% Estate grown Blue Agave
- The Agave are hand selected by Jimadores and delivered fresh to the distillery where they are hand cut and placed in the oven.
- The Blue Agave are slowly baked for four days to transform the raw material into sweet fructose sugar. Once baked, the Blue Agaves are crushed and pressed in a modified sugar cane mill to extract the sweet agave juice (“Mosto”) which is then ready for fermentation.
- A selected fraction of freshly made “Mosto” is pumped into small wood fermenters to slowly ferment using a special in-house 75 year old yeast culture. Once the “Mosto” ferments into dry “Mosto Muerto” it is ready to be distilled.
- The first distillation is run through a 3,500 liter Stainless Steel Still, then the “Ordinario” is distilled in small (90-250 gallon) Copper Alambiques Tequilano Pot Stills.
- Barely filtered to preserve mouth feel, texture and viscosity of the estate grown Blue Agave.
- Aged in stainless steel for 6 months.
Don Felipe Camarena was born into a family that had distilled tequila since back in the early 1800’s. The family’s original distillery was destroyed and abandoned during the Mexican Revolution. Don Felipe began his career by growing and selling agave plants to other distillers. But since tequila making was in his blood, he started distilling his own tequila, selecting only the ripest plants and using equipment from his family’s original distillery.
In 1937 Don Felipe opened La Altena distillery in the mountainous region of Jalisco, Mexico, known for producing the best blue agave. His passion for doing things just right inspired his family to continue handcrafting Tapatio so it could be enjoyed by future generations.
Don Felipe passed the business to his son, Felipe J. Camarena Orozco, who in turn passed it on to his daughters, Lilianna and Gabriela, and to his son, Carlos, who today, as Master Distiller, maintains the standards of excellence set down by his grandfather, Don Felipe.
Carlos and Marko have been scheming to create this smooth 110 proof (nicknamed “B110”) for a couple of years and are excited to see the amazing cocktails that come from it.
- Alcohol: 110 Proof
- Bottle Size: 1 L
- Additional Information: California State law does not permit us to ship directly to CA residents. Please call 707-963-9327 or contact us so we can find the store closest to you.