Distillers' Port IV - SOLD OUT
Distillers' Port - 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon with Syrah Artisan Brandy - SOLD OUT
"We like hearing visitors say they’ve never tasted a Port like this,” says Marko Karakasevic. Because they're they're liking it!
The harvest in ’97 was perfect. We were able to start with clean late picked grapes, full of flavors, and delivered within hours of picking. Once the fermentation started, we were running pump-overs every four hours. It was exciting to watch the color and flavors evolve. To arrest the fermentation, we isolated a Charbay hand distilled 8 year old Syrah Brandy we’d distilled specifically for our port. It had its own personality and would add several extra layers of flavors and complexity.
After the freshly fortified port was allowed to rest, it was barreled in new and aged French Oak Barrels and set aside in the cellar to age. And age.
With 12 years of barrel aging, we blended 6 barrels and again let it rest until it was ready to bottle in early 2010. This is the latest Distillers’ Port – made the way you can when you distill the brandy yourself.
Currently on back order. Will ship when available.
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Composition: Late-picked Cabernet Sauvignon grapes with Syrah brandy (distilled by Charbay, of course).
- Winemaker: Marko Karakasevic
- Production: 6 barrels
- Tasting Notes: The Distillers Port is rich and almost dry. Spices and toasted oak have meshed with the Cabernet. The Syrah has really tied it all together.
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy with macadamia nuts or a rich chocolate-raspberry dessert.
A glass of Distillers' Port with a cigar by a fire is one of our favorites.
- Find in a Store Near You: Sold at the winery and through Charbay's Web Site.
- Alcohol: 18.7%
- Bottle Size: 375 mL
i like port but dont go out of my way to drink it. im not a brandy drinker, im a cult cabernet lover, but after trying this .it comes out at the end of every dinner party . this stuff is the bomb! Dominic Trentadue , restauranteur and nightclub owner as well as a foodie and wine lover. Brewster , New York
This is the very best port that has ever passed my lips. The essence and the flavor cannot be described by mere words of the English lauguage.
Dr. R.D. Bushong
San Angelo, Texas 76904
Write A Review